1. Describe: Tell exactly what you see
2. Analyze: Use the elements/principles to reflect upon the art form
3. Interpret: Consider... What is the artist trying to say? What caused the artist to say it? What is the historical milieu that surrounds the work of art? Why was the work of art created in this particular style?
4. Evaluate: How successful or important is the work of art?
2. There was some shading done around the people, there was a some texture on the chains, and there were lines in this piece.
3. The artist seems to be saying that people are being chained down by the stress of life because they are hanging their heads down. I think the artist is saying this because they deal with a lot of stress from life and school. The work of art was created in this style because it would make harsher lines to seem more distressed. The historical milieu that surrounds this work is stress from school and life.
4. The work was successful with what they were doing but it doesn't seem like they wanted to do it so it doesn't seem too important
1. What is art? Art is what you want to make it. It comes in many forms. It can be through words, drawing, or painting. There are many different ways to express yourself, and it would be considered art.